Are you trying to break into the customer service industry? Or simply looking to change customer service jobs? Make your application stand out with a strong resume. As you craft your next resume, take these tips into consideration:
- Make your resume specific for the type of customer service industry
- Create a career summary
- Keep it simple, edit your resume down to the essentials
- Illustrate your initiative with action verbs
- Highlight outcomes of your work, specific examples
- Show your employment stability, companies don’t want a job hopper
- Use keywords from the job description
- Be honest! Never falsely list dates, job titles or education
- Feature your soft skills
- Write strong sentences
- Action words!
- Specify what technology you have used in past jobs
- If you have them, use stats on your previous performances
- List any leadership positions or promotions
- Did we mention action words?
- Highlight any specialized training you’ve received
- Don’t be afraid to use different resume formats
- Show progress through your job descriptions
- Explain any sales experience
- Give an example of your problem solving skills
- Don’t forget your contact details!
What are your resume tips? Share in the comments below!
By: Rebecca Clausen